This card is a shutter card. I saw one of these the Jackie at Stamp Express made and really liked the layout of it. So, I borrowed hers as a pattern and designed this one. I'm really pleased with how it turned out.
This is a view of it closed, laying flat on the counter.

Then when you open it, here is how it looks. I just think this is sooo cool!!!

I used the Parisian Breeze textured Designer paper, chocolate chip and baja breeze card CS, chocolate chip and baja breeze ink, Friends 24-7 stamp set, and kraft taffata ribbon.
Next is the paper weight. I ordered these from Oriental Trading. They are really cool weights. The back is a vinyl that covers the whole bottom of the weight and it has a square piece of form on it that fits up into the weight to seal it. The inside of the weight is hollowed out which allows you to put stuff other than cardstock inside.


This uses Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set, the DS paper the matches it (I can't remember the name - LOL!!!), Kiwi and Baja CS, Kiwi ribbon, and some a hardware slide. The words are Rub-ons put on the top of the weight after it was all put together.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day. It's going to be a HOT on here is Central PA. They already issued a warning for Air Quality.
2 comments:
Ooh, what great projects. Love love love the shutter card! Gonna have to try me one of those.
I love these!! I am going to try a card like that soon- it's just too pretty!! Great Job Barb!
Post a Comment