Wednesday, February 3, 2010

So much for my New Years Resolution!!!

Sorry, but I broke my New Years resolution early!!! I promised myself I'd post to this unread little blog more often and here it is over a month since I've posted my resolution!!! LOL!!!

But, I do have a ligit reason (at least I think it's ligit - but we know how warped my thinking is - right!!!) Anyways - you decide if I'm ligit or not - K?

Back on the 4th of Jan I went to the doctor with a cold and bronchitis - simple fix - give me antibotics, good cough medicine and I'm on the road to recovery - right? Not!! In the early morning of the 6th, I woke up with alot of pressure in my chest. I of course thought it was just the bronchitis so, I came downstairs at 3:15 am took some cough medicine (and had a cigarette - I know - bad bad girl!!!!), sat in the recliner for about an hour and then went back up to bed at 4:15. At 4:30, I started sweating badly - as in I felt like I just got out of the shower - soaked sweating!!!. Woke up Brian and said "something is wrong". Off to the hospital we go - thinking my bronchitis had turned into pnemonia. Well, was I shoked to find out I was having a heart attack!! Not something I expected at 49 years old and I sure didn't have the "typical" symptoms they talk about. I had a 100% blockage of the right artery in my heart and 4 clots on the left side. They put a stent in and have me on all sorts of wonderful meds now, but I am on the road to recovery and feeling better every day!!!

So, thanks to the wonderful staff at the hospital and the quick response of the nurses and doctors I am here to still bore you with my ramblings or lack there of!!!

I do have some projects that I worked on while I was off recoverying, but you can't see them until the recipients get them. So, give me a day or two to put the final touches on the cards I'm working on and get them mailed and then I'll post them. They had to be very special cards for some very special people in my life. And believe me, when I say special people - I mean VERY special!!! You know who you are!!!

I actually started back to work today and boy did that feel wonderful!!!! I mean - come on - I've dreamed of a month long vacation - but not in this way!!! LOL!!! I sure got the sitting on my backside doing "nuthin" down to a fine art over the past month!!!

So, off I go now to practice that doing "nuthin" a little more and work on the final details of my card.

3 comments:

sharonw05 said...

Hooray for feeling better! I'm looking forward to seeing your gorgeous creations again!

{{{hugs}}}

Unknown said...

:) You make me smile...so glad you had the intuition to head to the hospital...♥you!

Debbi said...

So glad you knew enough to know when something was wrong. Since you've been sitting around doing nuttin' but eating bon-bons all day...where's the eye candy?! *mwah* ♥ you friend!